How to plan for an active retirement
It’s not enough to live long. You also want to live well. While you’re looking forward to the exciting journey ahead, how can you design the experience you deserve?
You need a plan!
It’s important to make sure you’re prepared. It’s fun to dream about travel adventures or beach getaways with our favorite book, but there are a few practical things to consider and True Connection Communities can help:
- Where would you like to live? Will you move to enjoy a warmer client or to be closer to the grandchildren? If you stay in your current home, will the home’s design make life more difficult, with stairs and narrow doorways? A great benefit of our apartments for active retirement living is that they’re accessible and promote a healthy aging-in-place lifestyle.
- How do you want to spend your time? On household chores, shoveling snow or taking care of your lawn? One of the downsides to homeownership is the continual but necessary upkeep required. Would you like to claim those hours back as your own? Many retirees choose no-maintenance living and never look back.
- Will an active lifestyle be easy to maintain where you live? Staying in good physical shape is known to promote longevity. Are there convenient options in your current or new neighborhood to support wellness? Fitness centers and activities are readily available at True Connection Communities and you’ll find they encourage vibrant and active retirement living.
- Will you have a support system near your home? A healthy retirement requires an active body and mind–and avoidance of isolation. Do you have friends and family to share your life? If you move, you may want to consider what opportunities there may be for meeting new people. Events and activities at senior living communities can foster new friendships easily.
- Are you healthy? Do you have a plan in place to maximize your wellness potential and to live the best life you can? Exercise and eating well are important for physical health. Having a purpose, a variety of activities and the company of dear friends also contribute to well-being. Living in a community that encourages and helps bring all this together is a big advantage in retirement.
- Are your finances in order? You’ll want to start this next chapter in your life with a clear understanding of both your income and spending. Creating a budget is a good place to start. Simplify your budget and your monthly finances with maintenance and repairs included in the cost of a True Connection Communities apartment.
True Connection Communities can provide you with many of the resources you’ll need for a fulfilling and active retirement. With our easy-access apartments, fitness and wellness activities right outside your door, as well as the many opportunities you’ll find to meet and make friends, we offer the type of active retirement living you’re looking for. Plus, we take care of the maintenance, so all that extra time will be yours to spend exactly as you wish.
Click here to learn more about your options at one of our True Connection Communities. We can help you achieve the type of active retirement living that you’ve always imagined.
“Pine Ridge of Plumbrook is an amazing community and is just what I was looking for! Pine Ridge is perfect for me, lets me stay active, and feel right at home.”