Our Response to COVID-19
During this global COVID-19 outbreak, we have continued to prioritize the health and safety of the residents and team members of our communities by following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other health authorities.
We have also continually evaluated the evolving conditions and taken additional steps to protect everyone at the community.
- Visitor access to our communities is currently restricted other than for health care providers.
- Each health care provider who enters our communities must check in at the front desk, answer screening questions, and have his or her temperature taken.
- Health care providers who do not exhibit a fever and who satisfactorily answer the screening questions are then instructed to wear face masks and to wash their hands for 20 seconds with soap and water at a designated area prior to seeing a resident. They are also instructed to wash their hands after they see a resident and before seeing another.
- Health care providers who exhibit a fever or who are identified as a risk to residents or team members based on their answers to the screening questions are asked to leave the community immediately.
- We also screen each team member when he or she arrives at our communities, including by taking his or her temperature, and we require team members to wear face masks while inside the community and to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently. We ask team members to please stay home if they are experiencing symptoms of illness.
- We have asked residents to wear face masks during the limited times they leave their apartments, when answering their doors for a delivery, and when receiving care in their apartments from a health care provider.
- We advise residents to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently throughout the day, upon entering their apartments after being outside for any reason, and immediately after handling any mail, packaging, or food containers.
- We advise residents to regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in their apartments. Our team members regularly clean and disinfect common areas.
- We ask team members, residents, and health care providers entering our communities to adhere to CDC and community social distancing guidelines.
- We ask residents to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, dry cough, and shortness of breath, and if they experience any symptoms of illness, we ask them to notify us at the office and to consult with their physicians.
We regularly send communications to our team members and to our residents and their families to apprise them of the measures we are taking to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our communities.